AVAILABLE WITH EXTENSION 3
This release continues to improve the modelling tools and abilities of Maya LT, an initiative spanning several releases.
Updates to tools, functionality and efficiency provide significant enhancements to modellers' daily workflows.
- Improved mirroring and symmetry workflows, including when using the QuadDraw retopology toolset.
- Mirror UVs command also enables UV maps to be mirrored.
- An update to the UV packing algorithm enables UV maps to be packed more efficiently to maximise space.
- Updates to the Unfold3D UV unwrapping algorithm speed process.
- Algorithms behind technical modelling tools, such as Bevel, Extrude, Bridge and Wedge Faces offer better performance and less inconsistencies to provide the expected behaviour.
- A new option to show/hide components of a mesh helps make it easier for artists to reduce clutter on an object to improve visibility on the target area of focus.
Note: Extension 1, 2 and 3 features are available only to current Maya LT subscribers as part of the extension releases for Maya LT 2016 software.