On May 7, 2020, Autodesk is launching new subscription plans that are based on people and retiring plans based on serial numbers. Like most SaaS providers, these plans are designed for named users and provide a range of administrative, support, and reporting capabilities for businesses of every size.
Customers often share their concerns over the time and resources needed to manage multiple deployment types. These new plans for named users will provide benefits, including:
- Optimise your licensing costs, by having visibility into your usage data.
- No need to manage your own license servers or track an anonymous serial number again.
- Dedicated access for all employees who need it, wherever they are working – at home or in the office. No more downtime waiting for licenses.
- Tailor support and learning content to employees based on insights.
These new plans for named users will replace those based on serial numbers:
- Maintenance plans will retire on May 7, 2021 and cannot be further renewed.
- Subscriptions with multi-user access will retire on August 7, 2022 and cannot be further renewed.
- *The final versions of the 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite and Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate were released in December 2020, and the final version of the Maya Entertainment Creation Suite was released in December 2019.
- As part of retiring multi-user access, Extra Territory Rights will retire on August 7, 2022, and cannot further be renewed.
- Starting February 29, 2020 we will no longer sell new 2 or 3-year subscriptions with multi-user access or allow renewals. Starting August 7, 2020 we will no longer sell new annual subscriptions with multi-user access.